Get to know Pat from The Millionaire’s Daughter Hamilton!
1. What do you love about your job at TMD?
Pat: Well I have been with Maureen at The Millionaire’s Daughter my whole life, she’s my sister! Actually I started with Maureen when she opened the Hamilton store, 6 years ago. My position is store manager and keeping my sister organized. I do all the inputting and make sure things are running smoothly or a as close to smooth as possible. I love meeting with customers & consignors and seeing all the different and eclectic things that come into our Ottawa Street store and the other two locations.
2. What is your favourite item in the store right now at The Millionaire’s Daughter?
Pat: The most exciting thing in the store right now is the Indonesian Marriage Bed in the front window. It’s such an eye catching piece and we have people coming off Ottawa Street everyday just too see it in person!
3. When looking for pieces for your own home, where do you draw inspiration?
Pat: I love all the beautiful china and crystal that comes in daily. I think just changing up your dinnerware and accessories can make a huge impact on your home. It doesn’t have to be a special occasion to bring out your china!
4. What’s your favourite way to spend a lazy Sunday?
Pat: On a lazy Sunday afternoon I like to go for a drive with my husband in my car with the roof down, maybe to Port Dover. Don’t tell my daughters as they think a perfect Sunday is to take care of my grandkids!
5. What’s your favourite type room to decorate?
Pat: I have a wonderful front veranda and I’m always changing it, as my husband can attest to.
6. What is your favourite colour combination?
Pat: On my front porch my wicker chairs are painted pale yellow and blue cushions, I love that colour combination!
7. What do you collect? Or have way too many of!
Pat: I have a multitude of bunnies all through my yard & home. Not real ones!!
8. If I gave you a millionaire dollars, what is the first thing you’d buy from The Millionaire’s Daughter?
Pat: If I had a million dollars I think I would buy the retro set (from the Hamilton store) and put it in my yard for the summer!