We can help!
At The Millionaire’s Daughter, we offer home visits for clients who are moving, downsizing or looking to consign 15 or more furniture pieces from their home.
Here’s how a home visit works:
- First, you need to get in contact with us and let us know you need a home visit. You can request a home visit by calling or emailing one of our store locations.
- One of our sales staff will set up an appointment to preview your furniture at your home. Home visits must be between the hours of 9:00 – 4:00 and we require 15 or more furniture pieces to be considered.
- A charge of $35 cash will be required at the time of the home visit, this will be refunded to you once your furniture has been delivered to our store.
- During the home visit, we will preview and photograph your furniture as well as go over our consignor contract with you and answer any questions you may have about the process.
- After your home visit, we will email you a list of furniture we feel we can sell at The Millionaire’s Daughter. We may decline some of your items. Experience has shown what will and won’t sell. For a full list of furniture & décor, we accept, see our FAQs.
- We do not offer advance pricing. Please visit our website to see how similar items have been priced.
- We offer a pickup service, our delivery teams are sub-contracted and you will be expected to pay them directly at the time of pick-up. We do not quote for pick up this will be discussed between you and the pickup company. If you bring your furniture in yourself, please note, for insurance reasons, our staff is not allowed to assist with furniture or heavy box transportation.
- Once your furniture has been delivered to The Millionaire’s Daughter we will email instructions on how to access your online consignor account. Here you can check your current and previously sold inventory as well as your settlement and cheque history.
- Cheques are always ready to be picked up a the stores on or after the 15th of the month following the month the item is sold.
Moving is always stressful. We hope we can be a small help during your transitional time!
Want to read more?
Senior-Friendly Guide to Downsizing GoodCall
Top 10 tips for downsizing Style at Home
7 Steps to Dealing With Sentimental Clutter Real Simple
Small Space Joys: Great Things About Downsizing Apartment Therapy
How To Downsize Without Losing Your Mind Apartment Therapy